Thursday, August 9, 2007

Celebrate!

The cake!
I'll just toot my own horn here and say that I thought the cake looked awesome. Although the first words out of John's mouth were, "he's not turning 8." And I do have to admit that the cake wasn't nearly as delicious as it was amazingly decorated. I baked it a little too long so it was too dry, and I had to skimp on the frosting because I was a little lazy and didn't want to make a second batch. But hey, it looked good!

Owen's special b-day dinner!
Left over spaghetti, he doesn't look thrilled but really he was. I could tell because he actually ate it.
The decorations and decorators!
The Party!Owen demolished his cake. I don't think he even realized he was supposed to eat it until I took a smashed up piece of cake and put it in his mouth. Then he tried to eat his jumbled up






The kids had fun jumping on the tramp and playing in the pool. Owen and Bailey sat in the pool by themselves having a lovely time most of the night. The adults were kept happy with Italian sodas. I thought it was a fun party!

2 comments:

Kohl said...

The birthday cake looks great! I have attempted and failed numerous times to make fun cakes. What is your secret to success? I can't believe that Owen is already one. Happy Birthday Owen!

Lisa-Marie said...

Jessica,

I love the cake! You are really talented. I have enjoyed keeping up with your family through your blog. You have been really diligent at keeping up almost daily and I enjoy checking in frequently. Your kids are so cute! Keep in touch!

Lisa-Marie Jensen (Bigelow)

PS- Did you attend the reunion this weekend? Hope it was great! I was sad all weekend that we couldn't be there.