Sunday, August 12, 2007

Foreign Exchange

Over the past few weeks my sisters and I have been convincing my parents to take advantage of an opportunity to have a foreign exchange student. The opportunity arose when the family that a girl from Holland was supposed to go to had an emergency and had to back out. Somehow my parents got contacted about this 18 year old girl that needed a home for the next 10 months. Syd thought it would be great since she is currently an only child. My parents finally decided to commit and agreed to take Merel into their home.

Friday we went to the airport to pick up Merel. She is a really sweet and excited girl. She was so excited to be here. Her English is a little broken but I'm sure she'll catch on soon enough. We got together and had a barbecue and swimming yesterday and got to know her a little better. I'm sure that Syd will like having another girl around the house and hopefully Merel will like living with my parents as well. It will be fun to get to know her and about her culture over this school year. I don't have any pictures of her but here is the link to her blog...http://www.merel.tk/.

No comments: