Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Boy, was I a dork!

This week I got an email from the Relief Society requesting 2 pictures, one current and one from our youth. I struggled to find a decent one of both. A current picture was hard to find because there just aren't that many of me. I'm usually taking the picture, not posing. And as far as finding a picture from my youth, it was just difficult to find one of me alone that I wouldn't
be completely embarrassed to share with the entire ward. I was such a dork, and quite a good looking dork at that. I know that every one goes through an ugly phase (and if you don't think you went through and ugly phase you are just in denial), but my ugly phase was particularly long and particularly bad. Here are just a few of the fine pics I had to choose from. I chose the last one by the way because I remember really liking that one of me when I was younger. It's as if even at that young age I knew that that picture would be one of the best for many years to come!

10 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I LOVE that middle picture! I think definitely everyone goes through an ugly phase. And don't worry; you're like the prettiest person I know now.

shellydinger said...

Oh My Word! Those do not look a thing like you. Seriously I had to look at them for awhile before I could see a resemblance. There is a lot of Ainsley in that last one though. (your glasses were awesome!)

Anonymous said...

They are nowhere near as bad as you think. I see a lot of Ains, too.

The Marshall Family said...

Thank you for giving me a good laugh. I love the glasses. I do not remember you looking like that...I need to look at some old pics to see what I looked like. yes, we all have phases. Some times I feel like I am always in a phase!

Lisa-Marie said...

I LOVE it!!!!!

I think it is great you can post those pictures proudly. And you SHOULD. You were pretty then (it's not your fault about the glasses.) and now you are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I can't believe you didn't pick the glasses one. It totally rocks! Everyone would love seeing it of you. I remember your glasses and I remember you not needing them, but wanting them so your parents pretended to believe you and let you wear glasses without perscription in them for years. hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I think I had the exact same glasses... I had to share a picture with the primary kids on sunday, and i picked my picture with the glasses because the other pictures were too small. they had a good laugh. but i actually needed to wear glasses....

jessica said...

Okay...to clarify the glasses thing. I may have exaggerated a bit on my test, but it was the Dr. who prescribed my glasses for some made up eye problem. We discovered that when I went to another dr later on. And he said I still needed glasses, just not for the same reasons. Basically I just needed somthing similar to reading glasses...and still do for that matter. So my glasses did have a prescription, and my parents were fooled by the Dr...not me! But my parents letting me wear those glasses for no reason does sound funnier :)

Val said...

Wow, I've never seen those pictures before! You're hot! I went through a very long ugly phase. In fact, every time I see your mom she seems to have found another ugly picture of me from long ago!

Karalenn Hippen said...

And all this time I've been laughing at your parents letting you wear pretend glasses. hahaha oh well.