Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Party's Over

Usually I'm a little sad when Christmas and New Years are over. The house usually seems a little empty and I'm not quite ready to get back to regular life. This year, however, I feel differently. I was glad to take down the Christmas decorations yesterday, and instead of the house feeling empty I just feel like I have a bit more room. I'm ready to get the kids back on a schedule instead of playing all day. Both of my kids slept until after 9:00 today...that never happens. What am I going to do next week when I have to have Ains to school by 9:00? I guess I'm just ready to get back to structure and a daily routine. It was nice to have John home for so much of the holidays, but I think John and the kids are ready for a little space!

I am NOT, however, looking forward to the massive cleaning/organizing that MUST take place in my home today. After nearly two weeks of all of us being home almost all day every day there is some major cleaning that needs to be done. I also have to find a way to make all of our new Christmas additions fit in rooms and closets. The mess is driving me crazy, I'm just dreading the hours of work it will take me. And on that note...I'm off to clean...*sigh*

2 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

I am also trying to figure out what to do with the massive amounts of toys Hayden got this year. I think it might be time to start rotating toys!

Lisa-Marie said...

Ooooh. I wish I was there. I love to organize after the holidays. Good luck. (and get rid of a lot of stuff. It's invigorating! I promise.)