Monday, January 7, 2008

Snow Day

We have quite the accumulation of snow here. We woke up to snow yesterday and this morning. After a slippery and slow morning of running errands (well, Owen and I ran errands while Ains was at school) Ains got to go out and appreciate the snow this afternoon. She decided she wanted to go out while Owen was asleep, which sounded okay to me because then I had an excuse for why I had to stay inside. Am I a terrible mother or what??? But lately I just don't enjoy the cold or being out in the snow. In my defense I went shopping for Owen some boots today so that I could take them out and play without him freezing, but I had no luck.

Ains said she wanted to go outside alone so I let her. I didn't think she would be able to entertain herself that long outside, but I was wrong. She sang and played and kept herself busy for at least 45 minutes. I got a knock on the window every 5 minutes or so to keep me updated on her lovely creations. We got pictures of the snow angels and the snow man/ball she made. Can you believe she made that snow ball all by herself? I provided the rocks and the carrot, but she did the rest. I love the little stick arm coming out of the stomach area. And poor Owen had to run errands all morning and then didn't even get the fun this afternoon. I guess what he doesn't know won't hurt him!


3 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

The snow was very pretty this morning! I am with you...I don't like the cold either. I am very happy enjoying it from my warm home.

Heather I. said...

Awww, I miss seeing snow outside. Great photos!!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Those are the most fun pictures ever. I love kids playing all by themselves and seeing what they do. Too cute. I can't believe she rolled that around herself. That must have been so funny to see her pushing that huge thing around. Stick stomach arms... classic. :)