Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We're Gonna Party like it's 1999!

I must admit that John and I are not huge New Year's fans. We'd both rather just go to bed at a decent time rather than force ourselves to stay up late to count in the new year. Boring I know. But last night we got a babysitter for New Years Eve for the first time since Ainsley entered the world, and we went to a party with some couples from our ward for a big Karaoke party. I must admit that I was very skeptical at first...I thought I wasn't the Karaoke type. I was extra skeptical when we showed up and there was just the couple that planned the party there. But the night turned out to be a ton of fun with lots of people! John was up singing several times, (I'm kicking myself right now for not taking my camera with me!) and John and I got up and sang Sweet Caroline. For being unsure about a party I ended up having a blast and was hoarse by the time we went home (even though I wasn't up singing a lot I made sure to sing to every song from my seat). I think that was the most fun I've had at a New Year's party.

Although I have to say that the best part of the evening was when I was reminded of this awesome song from middle school. I can't believe I had forgotten about it and had to listen to it first thing this morning. (click on launch stand alone player)


3 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I love that song! Eric and I rung in the new year by going to bed at 10:30. Exciting, I know.

The Marshall Family said...

I love that song too. I have it on a Monster Ballads CD. The CD is awesome. I will let you listen to it sometime!

Val said...

I ditto Maria. Love it!