Sunday, January 6, 2008

Priamary!

(L-R Sis. Adams, Ains, Nathan, Kiley)
Today was Ainsley's first day of primary. Most of her friends are already in primary but since she is a January birthday she's been waiting all year to be in primary. Yesterday Ains and I went to the church for a get to know your teacher breakfast activity. I got to meet my new class (I've got the 4-5 year olds) and Ains got to meet her teachers. Ainsley was so excited to be at a primary activity. She told every one that she ran into, "Hey! Did you know that I'm in primary!" One of her teacher's is Sis. Reed (her friend Kiley's mom) and her other teacher is Sis. Adams. Sis. Adams is a part of the deaf group in our ward (our ward services all the deaf people in the valley). Since there is a deaf girl in Ainsley's class Sis. Adams will be in there to sign for her. Sis. Adams will be a fun teacher, she reads lip super well, and talks really well, so you hardly even notice that she is deaf.
I was so proud of Ains today when I watched her during sharing time. She was better behaved than several of my 4 year olds. She paid attention,participated, and even sat quietly! I heard that her teachers got a kick out of her too. One of her teachers told me that they were doing get to know you activities and asking the kids their "favorites". Most kids gave an answer similar to what ever the first kid to answer said. But not our Ainsley! When asked her favorite song she told them that it was Sweet Caroline, and then proceeded to sing a portion for them. Apparently her teachers didn't know that there were any 3 year olds out there than knew that song.

8 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I really, truly love her!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Ains can even learn some sign language. You know cousin Jessie (Kay's daughter). She had a deaf girl in her primary class when she was Ainsley's age and learned to sign that year. It's been an asset for her ever since.

shellydinger said...

I'm so happy she's in primary! I saw Hailey's name on the nursery roll today and about fell over. The breakfast idea is such a great one. I wish I would have thought of it for our ward.

Val said...

Yea for Ainsley! What a big milestone!

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH for Ainsley. Connor went to Primamry yesterday too. He had a good time. Don't you just love those "proud mommy moments" when you see your kids behaving so well.

Is Sister Adam's maiden name, Rogers? If so, she was in our ward for a while growing up.

jessica said...

I'm not sure what her maiden name was, I'll have to aske her!

Russ said...

I'm impressed with Ainsley's musical repertoire!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm not sure how that last comment ended up attributed to Russ...oops!