Wednesday, January 9, 2008

WOW!

Would you take a look at what I did! And with no help from anyone. And not even a pattern. Sure the pillow case is a little too wide and a little too short, but it will work great!

John got me 2 fabulous Christmas presents, a new super nice pillow, and a hot water bottle to keep my feet warm at night. I have horrible circulation and my feet are always freezing all winter long. John is pretty good at letting me put my icy cold feet on his legs at night, but that left me in a super uncomfortable position. So I asked him for a hot water bottle and he got it for me even though he was embarrassed to buy it because it said on the packaging that it was for enemas...who knew? And this morning while I was working out with my sister I mentioned that I might attempt making some sort of cover for my water bottle and she said she had one I could use as a pattern. She had been given one that someone bought from a store. Who would have thought there was any need to mass produce those things?

Anyways, I digress. Although these gifts were awesome, my new pillow wouldn't fit in my old pillow case and the rubbery hot water bottle didn't feel great at night. So I made myself a couple of covers for my gifts. The fabric is all pretty boring...but boring = cheap. The pillow case looks and feels like something that old lady pants would be made out of. It will be super soft and silky to sleep on tonight! I was going to put on tutorials (hahahahaha), but I felt if anyone really wanted to know how to make a pillow case they could just give me a call!

4 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Looks good. I'll let you know when I need help with my pillow covers! That bottle is weird! Weird in a good way though, because it keeps your feet warm. I don;t even want to know how it is involved with enemas.

Karalenn Hippen said...

That material on the for your enema hot water bottle does look super comfy. :) I'm proud of you! Good job.

Val said...

I thought those were whoopie cushions!

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm with Val. I thought they were whoopie cushions too!

But, seriously, GREAT WORK! I'm impressed.