Friday, January 11, 2008

Updates

So here are two updates from previous posts.
1. The Table. I ended up keeping the last table that RC Willey gave me. Why you ask? Because they offered me $90 to keep it. Their standard offer would have been around $25 but I think they were as sick of me as I was of them. Plus this made the cost of the table only slightly higher than the K-Mart table that we bought 7 years ago. I'll consider it a fair trade.

2. Owen's speech. We had our first meeting with a lady from the infant toddler program right after Christmas. She just mainly had us sign papers and explained the program to us. We have our next appointment set up for next week. This time a speech therapist will come to our home and do a more formal evaluation of Owen and then decide if we qualify for treatment or not. This program is so awesome though. I haven't had to leave the house once. They just come to me!

I'm a little worried Owen won't qualify because he has decided that talking might not be so bad. He will now say "na na" (ni-night), uh oh, bye bye, hi, and a couple of animal sounds. I still think he makes the sounds a little weird, or maybe I'm just forgetting how beginning baby talk sounds. So they will look at how he forms his sounds too when they come next week. So now I guess it's just a waiting game to see if he needs help, and then to actually get the help.

No comments: