Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Leak

This morning Owen and I had to deal with some very unpleasant events upon his waking up. Owen has been sleeping an extra long time at night lately, and so we have had a lot more leaks when morning rolls around. I think he must have had a gallon of water to drink last night before bed because when I got him out of his crib I felt his blankets and noticed that they were wet.


So I went about changing Owen, and when I unzipped his sleeper I realized that his diaper was so full it had burst! Little gel crystal things were all over him, there were piles of them in his feet. I have never witnessed anything like this before. Sure we've had leaks. Sure we've had gel things. But I've never seen a full on diaper explosion that didn't involve a pool.

After sticking Owen in the tub I headed off to check out the damage in the crib. I lifted out his soaked blankets and found that he had soaked through 3 blankets, his pillow, and still left a leak this big on his mattress! Gross! What is most disgusting to me is that I have no idea how long he had been sleeping in his own urine. I guess I need to go invest in some good overnight diapers for this boy!

4 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

You know you are really a Mommy when....

Oh I am so sorry! Maybe an adult size depends would do the trick!!! Good luck!

P.S. I love your attitude. You seem like your just gonna shake it off and keep on rollin'. Good for you!!!!

The Marshall Family said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! I can relate!

Melanie said...

I agree with the Marshalls... hilarious! I can't believe the picture -- that's a lot of pee.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Holy COw! How can one little kid hold that much pee? It made a cute little heart for him to tell his mommy how much he loves her. :)