Monday, January 28, 2008

One Proud Mom!

So, I'm sorry to post something simply to brag....but I'm going to do it anyways! Last week Ainsley's name was chosen during primary to present the Faith in God theme during opening exercises this week.

In order for you to be completely impressed with the story that is to follow I think you need to know the whole theme. It is, "I am a child of God. I know Heavenly Father loves me, and I love him. I can pray to Heavenly Father, anytime, anywhere. I am trying to remember and follow Jesus Christ.

I remembered Ainlsey's assignment Thursday afternoon and so I decided that we might want to run through it a couple of times, mostly so that she would understand how to repeat the theme after someone said it to her in bits and pieces. I was surprised when we started practicing that she already knew a lot of it and was trying to say it along with me instead of waiting for me to finish a section before repeating. After running through it a few times she seemed to have the whole repeating thing down, and she was starting to know it pretty well.

On Saturday we reminded Ains that she would be giving the theme on Sunday and she stated the whole theme for us and only missed 2 words (on the second Heavenly Father she just said him, and she left out remember at the end). Needless to say I was amazed. On Sunday she was convinced that she wanted to give the theme by herself. I was sure that when she sat down at the front of the chapel (our primary opening exercises are in the chapel) and saw all of the kids she would get nervous and want help. I asked her one last time if she wanted help after she had a chance to look out on her audience. Again she reassured me that she wanted to do it herself. I then went and talked to the Primary counselor that was conducting and told her of the situation so that she could jump in and help Ains if she needed assistance after all.

I have to say that I was a mother beaming with pride as my little four old walked up to the microphone when it was her turn. She stood up and repeated the whole theme all by herself, with no help from anyone, talked clearly into the microphone, and then went and sat down so proudly. I try not to be a mother who thinks their kids are super amazing at everything, but I felt justified in my pride for Ains as several people commented on what an amazing job Ainsley did. So there you have it, Ainsley was amazing!
(This picture is an old one, the only one I could find of Ains in a dress, at a moment where she was proud of herself for her building. Unfortuantely I was not able to take pictures during church!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having been through several years of Primary opening exercises, I can honestly say that Ainsley truly is amazing! Most of our 4 year old can't even memorize 1 sentence, let alone 4! (And if they can memorize anything, they don't speak loudly or clearly.) Way to go! She is practically the next Einstein....

shellydinger said...

That is so great! Blogs are the perfect place to brag, because if people don't like it they don't have to read it. You are completely right to be so proud - most of our senior primary refuses to speak at all.

Lisa-Marie said...

That really is so good! Well done, Ainsley!

Now, video her doing it so we can all see!!!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

P.S. You don't ever have to apologize when bragging about your kids! That is your motherly right and duty!

SD and EJ said...

She is a genius! And super cute!

Anonymous said...

But your kids ARE super amazing!

Melanie said...

I'm amazed she didn't get stage fright. Way to go, Ainsley!

Val said...

Good for her! I think kids just love talking in the microphone!