Monday, December 31, 2007

The Christmas Pickle

A few years ago someone gave my parents a Christmas Pickle Ornament. I have yet to win the special prize given to the finder of the pickle. We went to my parents house last night for the sole purpose of looking for the pickle this year (the tradition was put off due to illness, everyone has been sick and the whole family hasn't been together yet for Christmas). Syd was the lucky winner of $20 last night. I'm determined to win one of these years. I guess I need to go out and find my own pickle ornament and start the fun tradition with my own kids, because lets face it, kids that are 4 and under don't stand a chance of winning the prize when there are 6 competitive adults on the prowl.

1 comment:

SD and EJ said...

EJ's sister-in-law's (which I guess means she's my sister-law-too), family does that too. She won for the first time this year.