Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Cards



I decided in November that I was going to get my act together and send out Christmas cards this year since I didn't send out anything last year. By the end of November I had bagged that idea. I was getting stressed out about it and so I ultimately decided that I wanted Christmas to be more stress free. Therefore, cards were the first thing to go. I guess I was being cheap too. I just didn't want to put the money and effort into them this year. But I still felt that we needed to send something to someone. So the kids and I made 6 Christmas cards. Yes, just 6. My criteria for deciding who would get one of these lovely works of art were that the receiver had to be over the age of 50 and my children had to have a portion of their blood in them. And that's how I decided that these cards would got to grandparents and great grandparents (okay, I had decided that before we even started making them). It was very low key and easy. And I think that only grandparents and great grandparents can fully appreciate a card with a Santa on it made from finger and hand prints!

(hand prints courtesy of Owen, finger prints courtesy of Ainsley)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Hooray for simplifying!

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH! So cute. And guess what? We made those same pictures at play group today!!! Very fun. I like the 6 card idea. I send Valentines cards. Lots less stress.

Val said...

Those are so adorable! What a cute idea! I'm not that creative.

jessica said...

I can't take credit for the design...I just saw it on the internet.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! I simply things even further by not sending ANY cards!! (So don't feel bad when you don't get a card from me either.)

Anonymous said...

For once I'm glad I'm over 50. And I definately will appreciate the art work!