Sunday, December 9, 2007

Santa!

Ains had her first encounter of the season with Santa. He was visiting my sister's neighborhood event thingy Friday evening so we tagged along for a visit and a picture with Santa. Ainsley's cousin Bria wasn't too keen on the idea of sitting on Santa's lap or telling him what she wanted for Christmas this year (she later explained that she didn't want to because it wasn't the real Santa, it was Sarah's dad...I hope Ains didn't pick up on Bria's keen observations. I have to admit though, I think they could have found someone a little older to play the part, this guy wasn't the best Santa I've ever seen. Anyways, I digress). Ainsley on the other hand hopped right up and told Santa that she wants a doll house and a barbie, I have a feeling she won't be disappointed. We get to see Santa again at our ward party this weekend. Hopefully she won't notice any differences between the two. Maybe from here on out we'll have to just visit Santa once a year so as to hide the variances between Santa's. It's been so fun telling her about Santa and answering all of her questions this year. I think this is the first year she will be truly excited and captivated by the magic of it all.

1 comment:

Val said...

Claire did the same thing Bria did at our parents' ward Christmas breakfast that I felt so stupid at! How did that new table turn out anyway?