Sunday, December 23, 2007

Movies Galore!

Tonight we watched White Christmas. It was the first time I have seen the whole movie in one sitting, and I really liked it. I can't believe I'm almost 30 and I've never seen it. Better late than never! Last year we tried to watch it on Christmas eve after the kids went to bed. We thought we would watch it while we did a bit of assembling. Unfortunately, Santa chose toys that came in about 5000 pieces and once we realized we were in over our heads we had to focus on assembly and not the movie!

I still feel like we haven't watched enough Christmas classics this year. We watched The Grinch, Elf (a classic in our home), and Polar Express, but there are still so many that we need to see and so little time to see them. I guess next year we'll have to make a list and schedule them in. I still want to see Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, and A Christmas Carol (the Mickey Mouse version and the George C. Scott?? version). Oh, and, A Very Brady Christmas.....just kidding....I just don't think I could sit through that Steph! I either need a day in front of the TV or I'll just have to wait until next year, because it would just feel wrong to watch a Christmas Movie after Christmas.

And on a completely unrelated note.....yesterday we went out for our anniversary. We went here.....YUMMY!

And then we saw this....
This one was a lot like the first, but I liked the first, so I liked it. Plus, how can you not like a PG rated action film! It was such a nice night out! Dates are wonderful and not fully appreciated until you have children.

I LOVE going out. We almost didn't go because Owen was still sick, but at the last minute we decided to be selfish and made Syd and Merel watch a sick Owen. They claim he did fine, and I needed a night out, so I'm glad it all worked out!

3 comments:

SD and EJ said...

You are seriously missing out. "A Very Brady Christmas" is so good.

shellydinger said...

Happy Anniversary Date! I didn't get to watch the classic Rudolph with the elf who wants to be a dentist (the only clay on I like), and I would have to say that The Muppets Christmas Carol is the best version.

Val said...

We saw the NT movie, too! That's like the first time we've seen a movie in the theater in years!