Tuesday, December 18, 2007

#$%&@)#%&#$


WARNING: Long and lengthy rant to follow...there is nothing positive or uplifting in this post.

My complete elation over my new table has completely faded, and I am currently left with only frustration. Apparently I chose to buy the most shabbily made foreign product ever. I have replaced all of my chairs (two of which the nice guys in the RC Willey factory had to piece together from several boxes of chairs in order to make the two nice ones). I had two other chairs fixed by a guy that came out to my house and explained that black wood is not the sturdiest because they use the cheapest wood they can find and then just paint it...the up side is that in order to repair any dings or chips you just simply paint the chair with spray paint from Home Depot (a great sign of quality). And to top it all off I am currently on table number FOUR. That's right, I have had 4 tables in my home and it will soon be FIVE!!!

We discovered a large ding and a large scratch on the side of table number one. Table number two had a HUGE ding, in fact, I think it was even too large to be called a ding, in the top. When the delivery guys saw it they just gave me this look like, "Okay, we know this table sucks, let us get on the phone and order you a knew one right away." The third table had 3 spots where the finish was slowly chipping off. And now, table number four, won't close all the way. That's right, if I stand over the seam where my table should close tightly around the leaf I can see the floor and all the little mechanisms in the table. We had our second repair man over today who attempted to fix the gaping hole and failed. He then said that this particular manufacturer is just plain not good. They are Chinese, use cheap materials, and they don't even use a stain and a seal on the top...just paint, supposedly.

I would go buy another table but this was literally THE ONLY ONE in my price range that matched my house. So basically I was told that my table will need constant upkeep, probably even refinished every so often, and that my old K-Mart table was most likely a higher quality table! Our new table won't be here for some time because we decided that shipping another table was pointless and now they are going to attempt to piece me together a good table from the last 3 that were in my home. And then the repair guy had the nerve to tell me that the table had better be in pristine condition when they come to exchange it in the next few weeks or the exchange won't happen! I'd like to see them try to cross me!

4 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

I am sorry Jess. That is awful. You should go protest outside of RC Willy!

Kohl said...

I'm sorry too. We have really liked our new table and we bought it from R.C. Willey too. Sounds like they should quite selling that table if they can't get a perfect one sent to you. Good luck with it all.

Val said...

Grrrr....that stinks. RC Willey should have a sign on the table in the store that warns people it is a piece of crap! "Buy at your own risk. This piece of hud was made in China".

jessica said...

A note on my table...I know a couple of people that have the same piece, infact I visited a home last night that had the same one. So right now I'm hoping the service guy was wrong and I'm just in the midst of a bad batch!