Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Nutcracker

Today was Ainsley's dance recital. They have been working on their nutcracker dance since September and today was the day that the girls got to show off all their hard work. Okay, maybe it wasn't hard work and it was actually a little bit more fun. Ains had a dress rehearsal on Monday and after that night I walked away quite skeptical about how the performance was going to turn out, but the recital today was really cute. Ains got to be one of the mice. Her costume was very cute! And luckily for us, Ains was assigned to have her "big girl" dance partner be the main girl in the show so she was front and center! Other parents weren't so lucky.
Ains came up with this first pose all on her own...what a model!
Sorry the next pictures are fuzzy. That was the best I could do for actual recital pictures.

Ainsley's class pictures.
The following video is super cruddy, but you get the idea. I shot this during the rehearsal, she's front left with the girl in the big white tutu. I wish I could have gotten an upclose shot of Ainsley's face during a lift or their little pose they did when they were on the big girl's knees. Each time she was up in the air her feet would kick out and every pose face included her tongue sticking out of one side of her mouth. Too cute! I could have taken the time to figure out how to put on the good video that John shot during the recital, but I'm lazy, and I just don't think I will. Also, sorry that you'll have to pause the music on the side to watch the video without having 2 songs playing at the same time, I know how annoying that is, and you'll just have to forgive me for the small inconvience!

1 comment:

Val said...

Ains rocked at the recital! A true professional! Everyone loved the mice the most!