Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Preschool Party!




Today I went to help out with Ainsley's Christmas party at school. My work included passing out cups and beads and taking pictures. It was so easy that I'll just have to volunteer again! It was fun to get to see some of the kids in Ainsley's class that I usually just hear about. The party was a lot of fun for the kids. They got to eat ice cream, make cute candy cane ornaments out of a pipe cleaner and beads, sing songs, open presents from a gift exchange, and even got a present from their teacher.

Ains seemed very excited to have me there and I liked to see how she acted at school. Although I'm hoping that my presence was what caused her melt down at the end of class. The kids were watching Danene, their teacher, open a few of the gifts some of the kids brought and there was a bottle of lotion given that Ains felt so strongly about smelling that she dove over 2 kids and knocked them down trying to get to it. I pulled her away and told her that she shouldn't push other kids out of the way and knock them over which brought about cries, mild screams, and her saying that she just wanted to go home. Her teacher was so sweet to her though because, after the rest of the kids had left, she pulled Ains aside and let her try on some of the lotion. What a nice teacher! (Too bad I totally spaced the idea of getting her teacher a little something for Christmas...Oh well, there's always next year.)

On a side note: I've realized that in all of the picture I have posted of me lately (not that I post many) I'm wearing that shirt. I promise that I do wear other articles of clothing. I might always wear the same jeans, but I do rotate my shirts. I just happen to take pictures of myself when I'm wearing that one. :)

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh but it's a CUTE shirt!

The Marshall Family said...

If you wouldn't have said anything about your shirt we probably wouldn't have even noticed! Don't worry, I feel like I wear the same clothes over and over again!