Friday, December 21, 2007

Bye Bye

Owen has FINALLY let an official first word escape his mouth! We are so proud. It happened yesterday at Winco. As the kids and I were leaving the grocery store Owen turned and waved and said "bah, bah." I was a little shocked. He has tried to repeat other words but he has yet to talk on his own accord. If you asked what a lamb said he would say "baa" and if you asked where mom was he would put his hand to his chest and say "mom" but he never said anything on his own, and now he's gone and done it! I'm not sure why he felt strongly enough about the kind people of Winco to bother saying goodbye to them when he has never bothered saying good bye to anyone else, but I'll try not to be offended and just be grateful that he wanted to say something.

Now he likes to say his word all the time. This morning we were at my parents cleaning and as my dad got ready to leave for work he was saying bye to every one and Owen ran to him and said bye bye and then reached up like he wanted to be held. So my dad picked him up and Owen gave him a kiss on cheek. What a cutie!

It is a little ironic that Owen would chose yesterday to say his first word because we had an appointment with a lady from the Infant Toddler program set up for that morning (we had rescheduled for next week, so now I have to see if they still want to meet with us or not). I would have scheduled the meeting weeks ago if I knew a meeting would get a word out of Owen!

Notice Owen's growly face at the beginning...that's a face we get a lot lately because Owen is figuring out his eyebrows and scrunches them down like that and then will raise them up high.

2 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Yeah for Owen. I would still got to the Infant and Toddler Program...it can't hurt! And they are good there.

Val said...

Woo hoo! I agree with Maria about the appointment. Just keep it and hopefully you won't need a follow-up!