Monday, December 17, 2007

Quiet Time

Over the past few weeks I have started a new event that takes place in our home every afternoon. We call it quiet time. I know a lot of moms that do this but it has never worked well for me. By that I mean Ains always refused. But when Owen started only taking one nap a day I decided that I needed some child free time, and so I made Ains start having quiet play time or rest time in her bedroom during Owen's nap. Ains protested at first and didn't want to do things in her bedroom (which is weird because she will play in her bedroom for hours on end if it is her idea). Ains usually works on her "art" due to the fact that I don't let her get her stuff out much now that Owen is such a terror, and I get some time to get a few things done. I got all of our Christmas presents wrapped one day, I got some cute cards made another, I get time to read, and occasionally I get to take a nap for a few minutes! I hope quiet time turns out to be something that lasts because I LOVE it!!!

4 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Hip Hip Hooray for quiet time! Sometimes Sirri will play in her room for about an hour and then she'll go to sleep. It is so nice. I like that she can entertain herself.

Val said...

You're such a good mom! Great idea!

Val said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val said...

Sorry, my last comment posted twice because I'm impatient and hit the button twice!