Saturday, September 15, 2007

And more paint...

Before...
After...
We finally got around to painting our bedroom last night. It was a long night. Okay, it wasn't that bad. I started painting at about 6:30 and finished cleaning up at 11:30. I love having the rust color gone from my bedroom but I hate that a room never looks like the color of the swatch you are going off of. I need to invent some sort of company that sells paint swatches that are true to the color. I think this is just a money making scheme to sell a ridiculous amount of paint for one room and force people to paint the same room several times to get the right color. Enough of my rant. I decided a while ago that I would paint my bedroom and the living room a shade darker than my hallways and kitchen. On the swatch the color looked like a warm taupe with some brown in it. On the wall it looks like a taupe with some grayish charcoal/hint of purple to it. I actually like the color for my bedroom, but now my dilemma is the living room.
My living room causes me so much stinkin' grief! We painted one wall in the living room last night and I'm just not sure I like it in there. All of my walls are connected so it touches the kitchen, halls etc. That's why I thought my plan to paint it a shade darker was genius. The colors touching would be just slightly different and almost blend together. I hate the olive color that is in the living room now, not because I hate the color, but because I hate where it touches all adjoining walls. It just plain clashes, and it's really bothered me since we moved in. I also didn't like the color enough to drag it through the whole house so I went with the kitchen (taupe) color. So now my options are limited. I can paint my living room the dark taupe charcoal color, the kitchen color (which is a lot lighter color than I wanted in there), or I can leave my living room with 3 varying colors of walls; olive, red, and taupe. I hate making these decisions!
And now that you all know my painting dilemmas you can feel free to leave advice, sympathies, or come over to my house and make a decision for me!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

Your bedroom looks much nicer. Even the carpet looks better. I have anxiety over painting walls and I don't even have walls I can paint. I'm having advanced nightmares. So I'm glad you're going through this now, so when my turn comes around I can just call you.

Anonymous said...

I'll leave my sympathies...for John! ;)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Hahahaha. I really liked that David guys comment. I agree with him, because I went through what you are going through when we moved in and it caused almost the biggest fight of our marraige just because poor Seth couldn't handle my obsession with figuring it out. hahaha Poor husbands.

The Marshall Family said...

Looks very nice! I want to do my room!