Monday, September 24, 2007

No Zoo For You!!!

Poor Ainsley had to miss her field trip to the zoo today. She woke up at about 3:45 this morning asking for water. Fifteen minutes later we had our first of several episodes of throwing up. I think it was a long night for all of us. Ains would yell, I would go in, there would be throw up everywhere, John would come in and get her changed and bathed (for some reason it was in her hair and all over her every time), while I changed sheets and did laundry. We went through 3 pillows, all of her pajamas, 3 sets of sheets, and 2 or 3 baths (I'm a little foggy on that one). She finally fell asleep at about 6:45 and she hasn't thrown up since. She slept until 10:45!!!! That is a record in Ainsley land...even when she is sick. Unfortunately, I didn't get the luxury of sleeping in so long, Owen wasn't as tuckered out as the rest of us. But he did let me sleep in for a while so I can't complain.
Instead of spending our morning at the zoo we spent it cleaning and doing laundry. Not quite as fun. It was sad, because Ainsley was most sad about not being able to ride to the zoo in Abby's car (her friend at preschool that we were carpooling with). I thing she was more excited about riding in her car than the actual zoo. Hopefully she'll learn as much from Caillou and Barney as she would have at the zoo. Who am I kidding, she totally missed out! We'll just hope she's not sick for the next field trip.

2 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh NO! Poor Ainsley and poor you guys. I hope Owen doesn't get it too. I hate it when the kids get the flu, especially at night. yuck. Sorry Jess.

Val said...

There's something about starting school that gets everyone sick! Claire came home from school the first day with a cold! Those kids know how to pass around the germs!