Sunday, September 2, 2007

Duck Tales

Any of you from my era probably share the same memory as John and I. Coming home after school and sitting down to a wonderful episode of Duck Tales. I have yet to meet a person that didn't like Duck Tales (although I don't ask this question to every one I meet I'm sure I'm right). John has decided to share the classic shows of our childhood with our daughter. He bought the first season of Duck Tales for Ains as a gift "from" Owen when Owen was born. She has watched those over and over and John brought her home a new installment of Duck Tales episodes as well as the movie for viewing enjoyment this weekend. So guess what Ainsley has done this weekend??? Yes, she has watched a lot of TV and is currently watching the full length animated feature. I decided to pass on the movie, I just don't share the same love of the show that I used to have. Although I still fully believe that it is a classic. So next on John's list of cartoons from memory lane that will be shown to Ainsley are Gummy Bears. Another great show! Any other suggestions of shows that Ainsley 'needs' to watch?

6 comments:

shellydinger said...

I loved Duck Tales! A little known show that I plan on owning was Fraggle Rock. Do you remember that? James had never even heard of it, but I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Gummi Bears is the best cartoon of all time!

jessica said...

I loved Fraggle Rock, but I had to go to a neighbor boy's house to watch that one because we didn't have HBO. I wonder if he thought I was using him??

Karalenn Hippen said...

One of our home teachers in LA brought over all the Duck Tales for my girls to watch last year and they loved them. When they were done he brought over Tail Spins. They liked that one a lot too, but I have to say their very favorite that he brought over and they are still singing is.... Anamaniacs. Do you remember that show? All the funny songs? Classic. I enjoyed watching that with them too. Oh and I agree with Fraggle Rock and Gummie Bears. I can still sing their theme songs. I loved Snorks and Smurfs (although I'm sure they were annoying) and ThunderCats and Ghostbusters. Basically I watched a lot of tv

Krisser said...

You have to share the beauty that is Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Ah that clever girl mouse Gadget, and don't forget about their little flying friend (was he a bee- I can't remember now)- and how about the big guy that loved the cheese- chaaaa, chaaaaa, cheeeeeese!

Anonymous said...

I doubt you will like this idea, but I introduced my kids to Peewee's Playhouse and they love it! And you might as well get them started early on Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Niko was quoting lines from that in preschool and his teacher was able to recognize what it was :)