Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Preschool!

Today was Ainsley's first day of preschool. I am currently enjoying peace and quiet while she is away. I'm still not sure who was more excited this morning. It might have been me because Ainsley slept in later than she usually does and I had to go wake her up at 8:15 so she wouldn't be late. I can count on one hand how many times she has slept that late in the past year. She was very chatty when she first got up as I was trying to shove food down her mouth.
I did her hair while she was eating and we had an interesting conversation. She was telling me what she was going to do at school that day and how she was going to tell the other little girls that her name was Ainsley and ask them their names. All of this sounded great to me. Then she told me that she wasn't going to lift up her shirt and show them the diarrhea rash on her stomach. This made me a little nervous. I had no idea what she was talking about. I told her that she might have the wrong name for her rash. She informed me that she was right because that's what dad told her (I'll have to have a talk with John tonight). So now I'm a little worried about conversations that might take place at school today. Hopefully these diarrhea rash thoughts will leave as she is busy about her day.
Ains looked so cute as she went off to her class. She was being very timid as she walked in and saw her teacher (we went and met her teacher and saw her class last week so this was her second meeting) but I'm sure her timidness has worn off by now and she is having tons of fun!

3 comments:

Arin Rohrbach said...

One of my really great friends is moving to Meridian at the end of the month and is trying to find a pre-school. Where do you take Ainsley? Everywhere she has looked has been almost $100 a month, so she's looking for something a little more affordable. Let me know if you have any suggestions. My email is arinrohrbach@hotmail.com. I can't wait until Hyrum starts his pre-school next month! Thanks again!

shellydinger said...

She does look so cute! Love the sweater.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh no. That is so soo funny. I love it. That's the sort of stuff I hear all day long in my little preschool class. Don't worry the other kids will just talk about gross stuff with her and she'll be the hit. No such thing as nerds in preschool. It's great!