Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Small Acts of Service!

Yesterday we had a surprise visitor at our door. A woman in our ward had heard that Ainsley had been sick and so she picked up one of the young women and this Sprite from Sonic and headed over to bring Ains something to drink. It was sweet because the young woman that she brought with her came to the door and asked for Ainsley, which made Ainsley feel special. What a small thing to do to make someone else feel good. It's always nice to know that people are aware of you and willing to do something thoughtful. Wouldn't it be nice if we all took a few minutes to do a small act of service everyday!

***A note: Since the arrival of the Sprite I have had 2 phone calls just to make sure we were doing okay. I really love our ward! I often think to do little things like that but have a hard time following through. A new goal for me will have to be committing to doing little acts of service. "The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention!"

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love nice people!!!

Karalenn Hippen said...

aawwwhh. That is so sweet. I use to think up those things and follow through so much better. Thanks for sharing the story. Maybe I'll get off my duff better when I think of your Sprite story.