Monday, September 10, 2007

The great debate...please help!

Last year I made the effort of buying Ainsley's pants a size bigger so that she had room to grow. She then got holes in all of her pants so that by the time they actually fit her they were ruined. This year I find myself making the same effort. She fits perfectly into a size 4, but I think, "how long will that last?" So I end up buying her the bigger size anyways that I have to roll constantly so it doesn't cover her foot. Any suggestions that don't involve sewing or any work on my part??? Do you buy big, or fit to the current size of your child???

3 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

I feel your pain. I would say buy the right size because they are not lasting until they are the right size when you get them bigger. I have a good cheap store for you- so come shopping with me sometime :)

Lisa-Marie said...

Jessica,

I have "heard" from several people with kids that are school age, (we are getting there aren't we? Sirri started pre-school this week as well!)that if you buy pants at Sears and your child wears them out before they outgrow them, they will replace them. It just might be worth checking out! Good luck!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I usually buy pretty close to the right size, because like you said if they wear them out before they grow into them, you have to buy new ones anyways. Might as well fit them at least. Oh and Shopko has that deal too, about replacing clothes if they wear them out before they outgrow them, but I've never tried it. I just remember a sign over their customer service.