Monday, September 10, 2007

And so it ends......

Yesterday something happened that gave me the BIGGEST sigh of relief. I was called to work in the primary! This gave me such a sigh of relief because along with this new calling comes the release from my old calling....den leader! I should have predicted that a change was coming soon for several reasons.

1. Several months ago I was talking to a friend of mine, who happens to be in the primary presidency. She asked how I was liking scouts since it was partly her fault I was in there. I was honest and told her that it was very hard to keep 8 boys entertained while dealing with 2 crying children desperately jealous that there mothers attention was everywhere but on them. I also complained that it's hard to do things in my tiny house with 6-8 scouts, 2 leaders, and 3-4 additional leaders children (those of you that have been to my house know that once you get 14-16 people in my house there isn't much room to do anything but stand).


2. I was with some friends a few days ago and the previously mentioned friend was complaining that they have few reliable teachers in primary and it was time for a change.


3. I got the long awaited call requesting a meeting with the bishop on Sunday morning.


So I guess I'm an awful person because I am ecstatic at the thought of being released. I have to keep doing scouts for a few more weeks until they can bribe someone else into the calling, but then I am free. I'm sure that due to my completely cruddy attitude I'll be called back to scouts shortly!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

I firmly believe that not all callings are inspired. So you are amazing for doing scouts so well for as long as you did. Congratulations!! what age are you teaching?

The Marshall Family said...

Don't feel bad. I wouldn't want that calling either (knock on wood)!!!

Val said...

Ha! And I was so relieved to be released from Primary!

Anonymous said...

As the Primary Presidency member in charge of cub scouts in my ward (and being married to the BSA Scoutmaster), I feel your pain. I think the Scouting program is great, but it is hard for me to be too involved since I have no children in scouts (or anywhere at all for that matter). We try to call den leaders whose sons are in cubs, but it doesn't always work out. I hope you like teaching Primary. I have never been a Primary teacher, but I am grateful for reliable teachers because then my job is much easier!