Friday, February 22, 2008

Finished Product (Almost)


I finally got all of the work done in my bathroom. I waited for the paint and caulk to dry, and on Tuesday night I was finally able to get out all of my new bathroom stuff that I bought a few months ago. Much to my surprise, I was disappointed! Not with everything, just my shower curtain. For some reason I just didn't like it when I got it all set up. So I'm using my old shower curtain until I find a blue and brown one I like.
So now the hunt for the shower curtain is on. It's not off to a good start however, because yesterday I tried to return the shower curtain that I had bought to Ross. I walked up to the cash register and handed the lady my shower curtain and a couple of receipts. I told her that I couldn't figure out which receipt it was on. She looked at me and said, "Well, this shower curtain is from Marshall's, that's why you can't figure out what receipt is the right one." I felt really stupid when she showed me the big Marshall's sticker on the curtain that I had looked at several times, but I just had it in my head that I bought it at Ross. I'm brilliant!
Although I didn't like my shower curtain I love the new paint and towels. My bathroom seems so light now. It used to be 2 shades of green, one was really dark, and the ceiling was painted green too. Now I just have to get rid of my pretty green checked linoleum and my bathroom will look fabulous. Hopefully our tax return will help me out with that one!
On a completely unrelated note....I was hoping that the weather would be nice today because some friends and I were planning on going to the park after library time today for a picnic. Unfortunately, we woke up to snow this morning, and lots of it. Carl's Jr. it is!

7 comments:

Dinger said...

I wish I had the energy to paint like you do. It looks like a new bathroom!

SD and EJ said...

I can't wait until I have a house so I can do stuff like that. Too bad that's like five years down the road. Oh well. It looks really good!

Melanie said...

You painted your ceiling too? I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

you're amazing! I wish you lived closer so that you could inspire me to do things like that. I haven't even hung the curtains that I bought opening day at IKEA last May....

Lisa-Marie said...

BEAUTIFUL! You are such a go getter. Someday I will have a blue and brown bedroom. I LOVE that combo.

Sorry about the snow. But not too sorry. We'll have snow for two more months. Boo for me.

The Marshall Family said...

It looks really good! Hopefully you will get a new floor soon.

Val said...

What a lot of work! You did a really good job. Wanna come do mine?