Friday, February 8, 2008

So, this is what I've learned in the past 48 hours...

1. Gluten flour exists.
I was not aware of this until last night when at a bread making enrichment activity. Apparently, gluten flour acts like glue in your bread. If you add it to your homemade bread will make it so that your bread isn't all crumbly, like homemade bread often times is. Maybe the rest of the world is a step ahead of me on this one, but I found it fascinating!

2. New insurance mumbo jumbo.
Upon talking to the doctor today and discussing the expense of my little procedure I was informed that I needed to ask the insurance company about the maximum allowable charges. Upon speaking with the nice man in customer service for quite some time I finally figured out what that even meant, and more importantly, what that meant in reguards to my check book. I would explain it here but it would take forever and is quite boring.

3. When the weather man predicts 40 degree weather for the day, what he means is, don't bother shoveling your walks because it will all melt by the end of the day. Unfortunately for me, I saw snow on the walks and shoveled mindlessly. I guess I got a good workout though.

4. I have the veins of a 50 year old woman. But according to my doctor, although I have old veins, I look much younger than I actually am. (Kiss up)

5. When toddlers wake up grumpy, chances are they will be grumpy until given motrin for the many molars that are pushing against their gums causing excruciating pain. Next time when dealing with grumpy toddler, check the mouth first!

6. Frying sausage grosses me out.

7. Vein procedures are EXPENSIVE!!!!

So what have you learned today?

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

This isn't anything I learned today, but I think you are hilarious.

The Marshall Family said...

I have been learning about the molar thing too. No fun, for all four of us! Ellen, here we come!

Val said...

So I have a canister of gluten in my pantry. Claire decided to "cook" something while I was in the shower one morning and used the gluten and water. It really is glue and is still stuck to some of my dishes despite numerous cycles in the dishwasher. Great for bread, though!