Monday, February 25, 2008

Twenty-Nine

Yesterday I turned the big 29. I might as well be 30! I had a really nice and relaxing day. I got sung to in primary...you just can't beat that. Ains and John made me a great cake. I thought it was pretty impressive (I did help out by finding a relatively simple cake recipe on the Internet for them).
John took Ains yesterday to get some balloons and decorations. I still can't decide if the Winnie the Pooh or the Sesame street balloon is my favorite. I was banned to my bedroom for a little while after church so they could surprise me. I was told by Ains to take a nap. And if I heard anything to just go to sleep anyways. And if I woke up and heard noise, don't come out! She did a fabulous job decorating! I also got to take a nap and John made me steak fajitas for dinner...yum! I got to talk to people on the phone, which was nice. And my family stopped by later that night to give me presents!!! A really great birthday...thanks everyone! So what do you think, did I look better then...
Or now? I think it's kind of hard to tell! Maybe it would be easier if I had any sort of good posture at all! Why aren't more people telling me to stop slouching????

13 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Your hair looks so pretty in that bottom picture. I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad your birthday was great. I too have an issue with slouching (although I believe mine is worse). My mom used to tell me all the time to stand up straight, and then I got mad at her (especially when she did it in front of my friends). So we made up a code to use to remind me to stand up straight so it wouldn't embarrass me, but she always forgot to use it.

The Marshall Family said...

I thought your hair looked cute too. That cake looks really yummy! They did a good job.

Dinger said...

Happy Birthday Jessica, Dan and I want to know if John is applying for the Lucky Charms mascott. He looks like a jolly ol' Leprechaun in that sweater.

Kohl said...

Glad you had a good birthday. You look so cute! I thought we were the same age, but I guess I have to hit the big '30' before you. :(

Karalenn Hippen said...

Look at you, you almost 30 year old. I felt that way too. What's the point in 29, just make me 30 and get on with it. :) Your hair looks super cute and I'm very impressed with that cake. You silly... "a relatively simple recipe" What sort of gormet things do you make at your house to make that look simple. We just dump the cake mix in a 9 by 13 and open that can of frosting. I think John deserves major kuddos!

Lisa-Marie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

You are absolutely DARLING! I love you hair, your sweater, your makeup. You are one hot momma! Seriously, who cares if you slouch. You're still cute. (Though some day you may WANT to stand up straight and NOT be ABLE to. That might make good posture, now, worth it a little!)

shellydinger said...

Jess you do look really good in that last picture. I totally understand about the posture - half of my pictures get deleted because I'm slouching so badly. Happy Birthday! Your cake looks delicious!

jessica said...

I'm confused...doesn't everyone wear green shamrock sweaters for special occasions?

Arin Rohrbach said...

Wow! Kudos to John the cake looks great! It sounds like you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with the cake!
--Alene

Val said...

One more year to live it up, baby! John and Ains did a great job and it was so sweet to read all about it!

Natalie Ball said...

Happy Late Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it (I'm in Utah right now). Maybe we can plan a girls night out when I get back!