Friday, February 15, 2008

A sad day

I just saw the winners of the roadtrip on the Ellen show, and it wasn't me. While I am very sad, I am also a bit relieved (can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better?). Karalenn had a trip to LA planned for this week. She is leaving for LA with her family tonight. Maria is on a little trip up to Cascade. Alyssa is pregnant and super sick. I am trying to get my vein "procedure" scheduled and insurance matters worked out. And John was sad that I would be missing my birthday because he got us tickets to see the BYU folk dance team.

While I am completely bummed...I think I would have chosen the winners over us. Not because they look like more fun, we are totally more fun, (and cuter) but they are true die-hard Ellen fans and watch her show together everyday. And they all live by each other. So as much as I wanted them to pick us, I must admit that I would have picked them too. *sigh* I still think it's pretty cool that we got a call from a producer and were in the running when there were well over 50,000 letters sent!

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh. I'm sorry. You girls just need to plan your own trip when everything calms down a bit. Or better yet. Just plan it. Cause as we all know. Things don't calm down.

If I were you, I'd also eat some V-day chocolate. That always makes me feel better!

Val said...

Darn it! I still think you are the real die-hard Ellen fan! Maybe she'll have another contest in the future!

The Marshall Family said...

Have you read the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books? I love them and have several if you want to borrow them. If you aren't familiar witrh them, they have short stories so you don't have to be committed to spend hours reading. They are very heart warming stories. Did I just say heart warming??!!