Sunday, February 3, 2008

Oh, how I miss my camera!

Owen and I are both home from church today due to our illnesses. Owen still has gunk coming out of his eyes and a terrible cough, and I seem to have some kind of a head cold that has made me very achy. Needless to say, I just didn't think anyone would appreciate us getting our germs all over the church building.

Due to the incredible amount of mucus we have seen in the past few days John and I had the foresight last night to realize that we would be stuck at home as a family basking in each others coughs and runny noses this fine Super Bowl Sunday. So we decided to be prepared with some Super Bowl appropriate foods to fill our fun day. This is kind of funny because neither of us really cares about the super bowl. I could take it or leave it. I think we just didn't want to pass up an opportunity/excuse to make yummy food. So this morning Owen and I got started on some of the snack food while listening to our church services (President Hinckley's funeral services, since I missed it yesterday. Which I really enjoyed by the way). We made 7 layer dip and these Boston Cutie Pies. And let me tell ya, although it might not sound like a lot, making these two things wore me out! I really must be sick. I guess that means John gets stuck finishing food preparations and shoveling the walks when he gets home because it has been snowing all day.

So, we are home, and I'm missing my camera (I still haven't picked it up from my mom's, I know I'm lazy) because today I really wanted to take a picture. After the sheer exhaustion we felt from all of our cooking, Owen was ready for his afternoon nap by about 11:00 this morning. I didn't want to put him down with out some lunch so I made him a peanut butter sandwich and let him at it while I relaxed on the couch. I wasn't giving him much attention...okay, I wasn't giving him any attention because I was on the computer....and when I did eventually look over at him he was all but asleep with peanut butter and jelly all over his face and a big chunk of sandwich stuck to the top of his head. I couldn't help but laugh. It's cute enough when kids fall asleep eating, but the sandwich on the head just made it adorable. And I couldn't take a picture of it!!!! I'm mad at myself now for not getting my camera back sooner. That is officially on my list of things to do, or I might just wait until I'm there cleaning on Tuesday to pick it up.

4 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

That would have been a great pic! Church was cancelled today because of the snow! Crazy huh!

Melanie said...

Can I get your recipe? Those look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Me too.

Natalie Ball said...

I need the recipe too!