Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay, so it's not my birthday...but close enough! So today I got to start working on one of my birthday presents. What is this amazing gift that I get nearly a week early? A non-complaining husband helping me paint my bathroom so I can finally use all of the new bathroom stuff I bought myself in December! Right now you might be thinking, "Oh, poor Jessica! She has to paint for her birthday!" Well, while I might hate painting, I love the end result. My house was so mixmatched when we moved in that I love seeing it slowly start flowing together. I just have my bathrooms left to paint. So it really is the best present.

Unfortunately, my bathroom project is turning out to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be. While scraping paint from my tub and tile I realized that the previous owners of this home were not only sloppy painters, they were also VERY sloppy calkers. So we had to pull out a bunch of calk, retexturize the walls, and John will have to recalk after we paint (adding a day of not being able to use my bathroom). John went and picked up all of our last minute supplies today (why do projects always end up costing more than you think they will?) and we got the ceiling, trim, and texturizing done. Tomorrow is the big paint job! I'm so excited for it to all be over. I'll post pictures when we're done. It can't look any worse than it does right now!

1 comment:

Val said...

What a job! I can't wait to see what it looks like when you're all done!