Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

(We need to quit laughing when Owen does his growly face when we say smile or we'll never get a smiley picture!)

This year I've been a little more festive for Valentine's Day than I usually am. I got out a heart shaped candy dish! I know, festive! The kids woke up to balloons and candy this morning. And I woke up to a very nice note and tickets to see the BYU folk dance team next week. But my biggest accomplishment this year has been the daily surprise John has been getting for the past 2 weeks.

This year I got the idea to do the 14 days of Valentine's here (scroll down and read all of her 14 day's of Valnetine's ideas...pretty clever). I must admit that I'm a slacker when it comes to doing things for John to show him that he is appreciated around here, so I decided to give this whole idea a try. We are finally to the final day! Over the past 2 weeks John has gotten things like breakfast in bed, his favorite cookies, a kid free night, Valentine's made by the kids and hidden every where, lunch brought to him at work, a movie night with treats, ironed shirts, a scrap book full of cute family pictures, a container filled with candy and slips of paper with I love you written in 13 different languages (including kingon....jIH muSHa' SoH for any one that was wondering), etc. I must admit that some of my ideas were better than others. I also copied a lot of ideas from the founder of the 14 days of Valentine's (I don't know her name).

So, tonight is the grand finale. This morning I left out a menu for the "gournet" dinner I will be making for us tonight. The kids will get a frozen pizza and then head off to bed early so that we can enjoy our meal. I've been working on preparing spinach salad with poppy seed dressing, bruschetta, cheese tortellini in alfredo sauce, and a fudge cake with ganache. I just hope it all turns out!

I know you are all angry with me right now for not sharing this lovely idea with you sooner, but then that would have ruined the surprise. So you will all just have to copy this fun idea next year! I still haven't decided whether or not this will be a tradition. It was fun though!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

That is a brilliant idea! It almost makes me excited for next year. I hope everything turns out.
(and I love Owens scowl!)

Melanie said...

What a great idea! I feel like a completely pathetic wife!!!