Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gilbert Blythe

Last night I read this and instantly I was reminiscing about being a Miamaid and having a sleepover at Sister Galloway's house (her son currently lives in my ward by the way) and watching Anne of Green Gable's for the first time. I thought Gilbert was great and Anne was much too difficult and that it should have been titled Gilbert of Green Gables. I wasn't aware that anyone else had a crush on Gilbert.

I did a lot more reminiscing as I read through all of the comments and other girls brought up great teenage crushes like the boy's from Newsies (mine was fan flying boy...you had to be there), and Mr. Darcy. My friend Karalenn is jealous because she claims I got to marry a Mr. Darcy and she didn't. I have no clue how she came to this conclusion or what she means by it. I have to admit that I have only watched the new Pride and Prejudice and I didn't really like it. I never read the book. I tried and failed miserably about 2 chapters in. But now I have committed to at least watching the old movie. I have also decided that I want to read the Anne books as well. I'm not sure why I didn't read them as a kid. I think I even had them for a while. I guess I thought the movies were enough.

It was funny because with in minutes of my reading all of this, and then telling John, John was on the Internet looking for the Anne movies, Anne of Green Gables, and Anne of Avonlea. I told him that those 2 movies were on the list for this summer. We usually come up with a list of random movies/TV shows to watch during the summer when there is nothing good on TV. Right now on the list is Hero's, Gone with the Wind, Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, Battle star Galactica, Newsies... and the list goes on. We'll see how many we actually watch. Hopefully even if we don't get around to watching my old tween movies I've at least been inspired to go back and read the books.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

The old A&E Pride & Prejudice is worth watching, and I totally know who fan flying boy is! He was one of our favorites too :) Last Saturday I had nothing to do and ended up watching a Marathon of Heros all day - I'd say it's worth renting!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I don't remember ever saying that John was like Mr. Darcy. How funny. The only thing I can think is that you say he doesn't like very many people and Mr. Darcy doesn't like very many people. hahaha