Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Fun Money?

We finally decided on what to do with John's surprise extra check. Actually, our decision was made for us when we had someone come out to check on our water heater due to the excessive popping noises coming from our garage. Luckily we don't have to replace the whole system(yet). We just had to replace the anode rod. I now know all about anode rods. And they will be coming to do a flushing of the water heater tomorrow. I learned 2 things from all of this. First, extra money is never extra...shortly after you get it something will come up that you need to use it for. The second and most important thing I learned was that you should never use warm/hot water from your tap for drinking or cooking purposes. Get cold water and heat it up. When I saw our old anode rod after it was removed it about made me sick. I couldn't believe that I had been using water that had touched that. When I shared these feeling with the repair man he told me to wait and see what came out of the heater when he flushed the system. He then told me that he never uses hot water from the tap for anything that will be going in his mouth. Ah, the things you learn!