Monday, May 21, 2007

The Recital

First of all I sincerely apologize for the cruddy pictures and video clip but I thought I'd share anyways. Ainsley did a super job tonight. During her first dance I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. Hence the bumpy video clip to follow. I would have just taken more video if I had realized my pictures weren't turning out but I was just clicking away while watching the lovely performance.
This picture fully shows Ainsley's excitement for the night. We painted her nails and I even let her wear make-up for the big night. I thought she looked adorable.
This is a picture of Ainsley actually doing her dance. She was so funny because if she noticed what any of the other girls were doing she would just watch them, or when she noticed there was an audience she would just stand there. Kind of like a deer in the headlights. It was so funny.
Ainsley was actually the only one on the right pose in this picture, we were so proud!
Here is Ainsley getting mad at her partner who is supposed to hold her hands and spin in a circle with her. Her partner refused (she just ran back and forth during both dances like she did during dance lessons). Ainsley was sweet though and when her partner didn't cooperate she calmly walked back to her "X" and patiently played with her hair until there was more dance for her to perform.

Enjoy this clip. Again I apologize, I was laughing and couldn't hold the camera still. It's short but maybe one day we'll get the whole dance that John recorded on here.



Ainsley had such a fun night. She sat quietly and intently watched all the other dances. I'm glad she loved it!

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Aren't you glad Ainsley wasn't the one running back and forth across the stage. The outfits are adorable!

SD and EJ said...

I would pay big bucks to see the video of Ains dancing.

Karalenn Hippen said...

THat is so hillarious!! And cute. I love the kid running everywhere. That so would have been me. hahaha. Very cute.