Saturday, July 21, 2007

All Tuckered Out

Ainsley had a very eventful weekend. On Friday Sydney and Ainsley came up with a plan for a sleep over. I think plans started evolving around watching Sleeping Beauty. Since John and I are always up for someone else looking after our children we thought this was a great idea. So Ainsley got to spend the night with Syd (I'm still waiting to see the pictures). From what I hear they played, dressed up, and got to sleep out on the lounge chairs by the pool. They took out sleeping bags, treats, and a portable DVD player and watched Incredibles. I'm not quite sure what happened to Sleeping Beauty. They didn't start the movie until after 10:00 at night (they were having fun looking at the stars and getting ready for sleeping out)and Syd thought that Ainsley would soon fall asleep. She didn't know that Ainsley has never fallen asleep during a movie in her entire life. So they finally turned off the movie and went to sleep at midnight.
It was at about 6:00 this morning that Ains got a little chilled and joined my parents in their bed. I'm sure they enjoyed that! Apparently Ainsley never went back to sleep and soon wanted breakfast. John and I had a relaxing morning only having to deal with one child. John especially liked this because he got up at 5:00 to go buy Harry Potter. Ainsley rejoined the family at about noon and her fun didn't end there.

Ainsley had completed her chart and thus earned a movie with mom. She had also earned a free kids meal at Red Robin so I thought we would make an afternoon of it. When I learned that she had been so sleep deprived I decided that we would only go if she remembered, and lo and behold, she remembered! So, as soon as she got home we went out to eat. Then we walked over to the mall and hung out at the Disney store (where my search for her a new swimming suit ended when we found a lovely Jasmine one for $3) until it was time for our movie to start. Then we headed over to the dollar movie, which is actually a $3 movie now, and watched Shrek 3. It was a lot of fun. My favorite moment of the day was when we were sitting in our seats waiting for the movie to start and I asked Ainsley what we should do while we waited and she said, "um, I don't know, tickle each other." I just had to laugh. She fell asleep about 2 minutes after we got in the car on the drive home and has been asleep ever since. That was at about 4:30 this afternoon, it's now 9:45. It might be a really early morning.

No comments: