Thursday, July 5, 2007

Our Fourth!

I forgot to take my camera with us all day! My mom took some pictures but it would require way too much effort to go and get her pictures to post, so maybe another day. We had a typical fourth though...for the most part. Breakfast at my parents, followed by swimming, and John's annual trip to Circuit City??? When John got up yesterday and got on the computer the screen was fading. We knew this was one of the first things to go on a laptop but who would have thought that it would happen 2 days after getting it repaired for another problem. As soon as this happened and we knew we needed a new computer I was guessing that we would have a new computer by 5:00 that night. I was wrong. We had a new computer by 4:00 that night. That's right, I'm typing on our new computer. While we were home giving the kids naps and some down time before fire works John was off on his shopping trip. And he came home with our new laptop (there goes my new kitchen table I had been shopping for).

And to complete our holiday we headed down to the park for fireworks. They actually haven't done any community fireworks here for years. So last night we went to the park for the show. Ainsley got to do sparklers. Owen was fascinated with the sparklers. And then the real show began. It was a really good show. Music was blaring through the park to go along with the fireworks and I think that makes them look prettier somehow. Owen was fascinated with the show. His eyes were glued to the sky. Ainsley said it was the most beautiful show in the world, although she missed the finale due to her whining. Typical of Ains at this phase of her life. A fun night though!

No comments: