Sunday, July 15, 2007

For Good Reason


This picture is of a pile of clothes that are sitting in my sink right now with stain remover on them in an attempt to remove various stains. Unfortunately for me 2 of the shirts are mine. I now realize that it is for good reason that I have a $5 rule. I can't remember the last time I bought a shirt for the kids that was more than $5. It would be even more depressing to have an item of clothing ruined due to a stain if I spent more than that on it. And I usually don't spend much more than $5 on shirts for myself. I try to stay under $10 and it is extremely rare for me to go over that (like less than once every year or two). So I might be cheap but the pile that currently sits in my sink reminds me why. Too many clothes in this family get ruined so it's just not worth spending more on clothing than that.

No comments: