Friday, July 27, 2007

Magic Beans!



This morning I was out doing some work in the yard when I noticed a group of what I thought were weeds growing in front of our front porch. I walked closer and a memory flashed through my mind. At scouts 2 weeks ago we played a game that required them to each have a handful of beans in a can. Before going home one of the scouts came to ask me for more beans because his had spilled on the grass. I had thought nothing more of it until this moment. I guess I thought the beans would either get sucked up by the lawn mower or just go away. They didn't. They grew. Apparently I have the capability of growing beans in my yard by just dumping some from a bag onto the lawn and paying no attention to them. But if I try to grow grass and actually give it some effort the seed sits there and does nothing. My bean plants had grown about 6+ inches in 2 weeks. There were also a ton of beans still lying on the grass and as I started to pick them up I noticed that almost all of them had a little root growing out of them or had attached themselves to the ground. Simply amazing! I wish my pictures did it justice.

I picked the beans by the way, as amazing as it was I didn't want a small patch growing in my grass.

No comments: