Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What's Next???

This spring/summer we have had to replace/fix the following: the sprinklers, the water heater, the vacuum, the computer, and now the dryer. For quite a while now the dryer has been leaving brown streaks on our clothes. They wash out, for the most part. Lately it started ripping holes in clothes too. Poor Ainsley got hit the worst and has had 4 shirts ruined. So I guess it was high time I got someone out here to look at the dryer.

I hate having to do repairs. I keep saving up money for my extra projects around the house (like painting and decorating Owen's room), a chest freezer in the garage(so I can make freezer jam and buy in bulk at Costco), and a new kitchen table (for those of you who have sat at our table you know that we need a new one soon seeing as how it fits no more than 3 comfortably and we now have 4 in our family). Every time I get close to getting what I have saved up for the money I have saved gets cruelly taken away and I have to spend the money on something not so fun. Like new felt seals for the dryer. What a load of fun those new felt seals will be! Not that paint is fun but at least it makes my house look nice.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

You have reminded me of how grateful I am for a landlord :)

Arin Rohrbach said...

My dryer does the same thing! What causes it and how can you fix it? I just can't wait to give my money away to broken things too!

jessica said...

The brown streaks are caused by a worn/discolored pad around the back of the dryer drum. The holes are caused by a worn down felt pad that goes around the front of the drum and creates a gap that the clothes get caught in. It looks like something you could do yourself if you knew anything about dryers. The parts would probably only cost you about $60. Unfortunately John and I are not handy people.