Friday, July 20, 2007

A few recent developments

This is a picture of Ainsley holding her baby tiger. Most kids have an imaginary friend, but the only imaginary member of our family is baby tiger. Sometimes there is more than one, sometimes they go with us to the store, sometimes they chase Ains around the house, and they always just appear out of nowhere. We go days without seeing the baby tigers and then they are suddenly back. My theory is that they appear when she is feeling left out due to having a baby brother.

In other news...Owen can stand! He can stand for 10-15 seconds on his own if he want to or if he's distracted enough that he doesn't realize he's standing. But when I try to get him to do it he is quick to squat down to the floor so that he can crawl.

I took this picture of Owen's leg hanging out of his crib a while ago. Lately, however, we find him in this position about 80% of the time when we go check on him at night before we go to bed. I occasionally find him like this when I give in and go check on him when he is crying instead of going to sleep and then I feel guilty. I don't know why he does it or how to get him to stop. The mark on his leg (above) is from him shoving his leg out of his crib. It looks so sad when he does is because he just lays there, stuck, and has to wait patiently while his leg is maneuvered out of the slats. I'm worried that one night he'll do that and get his circulation cut off and cause some damage. So basically I'm at a loss on this one.

The other thing that Owen can now do is cry from about 5:00 in the morning until about 7:00 when I finally give in and go get him. It's getting very annoying because he's not hungry, he's grumpy and tired, and thus so are the rest of us. He's amazingly pleasant once Ains wakes up though!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I love the look on Ainsley's face! And I'm way impressed that you let Owen cry from 5:00 - 7:00. Hailey goes about 45 minutes and I am going crazy! Can't help you with the crib thing though - although I'm sure I'll be asking you the solution soon enough.

Anonymous said...

Tell Ainsley she's welcome to bring the baby tigers with her when you guys come to visit.
--Alene