Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fat lip = new freezer!


How I Got My New Freezer
By Jessica

Upon returning from my monthly trip to Costco I had lots of food to put away and no where to put it. I had extra loaves of bread that I was cramming into the freezer. Fruit snacks and crackers that I was cramming into the pantry (if you could call our pantry a pantry, more like and over sized cupboard). When all of a sudden a large box fell out of the said pantry and fell on my face. Leaving me with a bloody lip and a scratched up chin.

I had had it. I called John and informed him that I was sick of cramming food into our freezer and cupboards (this is a monthly call he receives after every Costco trip). But this time I was especially mad due to my severe injuries. He knew not to argue, he just said, "Let's go buy a freezer." Usually I calm down by this point and say, "No, that wouldn't be responsible of us, we should wait" but I had really had it. So we got a new freezer that is now taking up enough space in the garage that John was booted and now has to park in the driveway, there were a few tears shed by him about this. But I have a new freezer and now I can buy ice cream when we have a birthday because I'll have somewhere to put it. I can buy a frozen pizza if I want. I can buy more freezer foods because I don't have to reserve space for bread and meat! I can make freezer jam!

The End

By the way...next month after I get home from my Costco trip, and after I call John to complain, I'm going to purchase some large shelves to put in the garage next to the freezer. I already have one set of shelves but they are small....and I do have a nonexistent pantry. My kitchen is slowly extending to the garage, but I knew that would be the case when we bought the house. The following month when I get home from my Costco trip I just might not have anything to complain about. That will be nice!

5 comments:

Arin Rohrbach said...

Don't feel too bad. I don't even have a garage or a pantry. Our kitchen in our house is unbelievably tiny. I just can't store anything. So now I must sit and envy you. hee hee.

Heather I. said...

That was so funny, you're a good blogger! I would love a freezer too, one day....

Anonymous said...

That looks just like the freezer we got not too long ago. And an added bonus is that it is very energy efficient (if it's the same one we have). --Alene

jessica said...

It might be the same kind of freezer but ours is pretty small. I'm sure you didn't get one as small as ours!

Kohl said...

Congrats on your new purchase. I have been wanting a freezer forever too. Our fridge freezer is so full right now that I have no idea what we actually have in there. Maybe with our new house will come the purchase of a new freezer! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)