Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Water Park

We were given season passes to the water park here and last night was the first chance that we had to go (we were on our way there when we picked up our repaired computer). We all had so much fun. We got there and got our passes made up, it was very cute because they even took pictures of Ainsley and Owen and they got their own cards. My parents and Sydney came as well seeing as how they are friends with one of the owners (the one who so graciously gave us our season passes, I guess he figured he owed us from the diet) and can get in any time they want for free as well. It made it nice having them there because this was John and I were able to go on some rides. John even got nervous on a couple of them. I wish I would have gotten a picture of his face when he was going down the Avalanche. The first picture is of Syd and John on the racing slides (John won). Owen loved the kiddie area. He would crawl around all over the place and then dunk his head in the water. He wouldn't cry or anything. And if we tried to take him out of the water he would just squirm and wiggle until we let him get back in. Ainsley loved the kiddie area as well. They have a bunch of slides and she went down most of them, although she was too chicken to do some of the smaller slides. I didn't get any good pictures of her on the slides though because she wasn't cooperating and going down when I had the camera. And it's just plain dangerous to carry around a camera in the water and so it didn't get brought out very much.



Does it look like Ainsley is enjoying her ice cream cone??
These last 2 pictures were taken when Ainsley went down the only "big" ride she was tall enough to ride. She kept saying that she wanted to go down a big slide and she just wasn't tall enough to go down any except this one (pipeline mines) in a certain kind of tube with an adult. We were a little hesitant because Ainsley is a bit of a wimp a lot of times. If she gets water in her eyes while swimming she will get out of the pool just to dry her eyes off. But she kept saying she wanted to go down the ride with Sydney and so we tried to get her excited about it. I told her that on rides like this you get to scream and you don't get in trouble. John and I were going to go down the ride first so that we could see Ains when she came out of the bottom. As soon as we took off and got drenched in the first wave of water we both thought, "Oh great, what have we done?" The entire ride is in a black tube and there are lights inside every now and then so that you know what way you will be turning. It's a little rough and kind of scary. John and I didn't enjoy the ride at all because the entire time we were worried that Ainsley would be traumatized and cry the whole time down. When we shot out the bottom our tube flipped over. Then I panicked again. The water was to my waist and I was sure that Ains and Syd would tip and Syd would have a hard time getting her bearings and grabbing Ains. So as you can tell by the picture below I waited in the water and was racing to their tube as the 2 of them shot out. Much to my surprise Ainsley was smiling and laughing, their tube didn't tip, and Ainsley said she loved it. She told me that she didn't even scream and that it was really dark in there. I think Syd was nervous to take her and so the whole way down she was trying to sound excited for Ainsley. What a brave girl. John took her down the same ride later and she claimed she didn't like it that time. She now says she will only go down that ride with Syd, Grandma, and Grandpa. I was quite proud of her, and now we'll just have to see if we can get her to do it again next time.


1 comment:

shellydinger said...

I'm so glad you got some pictures. It sounded like so much fun!