Monday, July 16, 2007

Productive

Today we stayed home all day. While this makes Owen a little stir crazy it was good for the rest of us. I took time to do some things that I normally don't do. Call me little miss homemaker because I really went above and beyond my motherly duties. And the children were only mildly neglected in the process. I decided that my day of homemaking was blog worthy since I'm sure I will lose the title by 7:00 tomorrow morning.

I had homemade spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove that had been loaded with shredded veggies to sneak health food to my family.

I had all of my scouting supplies ready to go for scout tomorrow. Usually I spend a good chunk of Tuesdays planning but we were going swimming with some people in the ward tomorrow so I took advantage of today to get prepared. Aren't I a fine example of preparedness.
I had zucchini bread in the oven (you can only cram so much zucchini into spaghetti sauce and I had to do something with the leftovers), and sweet potatoes baking for Owen.

I even had a our family home evening lesson prepared (this hasn't happened for a while, we've been slacking). Tonight we will be learning about reverence due to Ainsley's behavior at church yesterday.
And the highlight of the day for Ainsley was the sprinkler under the trampoline. I have tried to get her to do this before but she wouldn't. I'm not sure why, maybe she thought it was to ghetto of a summer activity for her. But today she tried it and loved it. She stayed out there for a long time, which was what I wanted because I was busy baking and cleaning (I'm such a neat freak that as well as my "projects" today the house is also currently clean and there are no dishes in the sink...this is not unusual for me but required extra effort today...I'm not saying this to brag, it's an annoying thing I do) . The only problem with Ainsley's love of the trampoline was that I heard "MOM" every few minutes so that I could go outside and see her new trick. While this slowed down my cleaning and baking, I got these lovely pictures of her doing her "tricks" which were: putting her hair in the water and bouncing on her knees. A very talented little girl!

I just stuck this last picture of Owen on because I took it today after Ainsley dressed him up and I thought it was cute and didn't really have much to say about it, except AAARRRR!

1 comment:

shellydinger said...

Congrats on getting so much done! I loved jumping on the trampoline with sprinklers - I'm glad it isn't a lost summer activity! (LOVE the picture of Owen!)