Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bad Mother

Today we had a playdate with a couple of other moms in our ward. When we walked into the house of the playdate I noticed preschool looking stuff in the corner of her kitchen. I asked her if she taught preschool (there was a lot of stuff) and she said no. All of her "preschool" stuff was just for activities she did with her kids. Boy am I a bad mom. Ainsley is so content to play on her own and so imaginative that I take advantage of that and just let her play. She rarely likes it when I try to do any sort of structured activity with her so I usually don't even try (good luck to her preschool teacher next year by the way). What a bad mother I am!! In my defense, this particular mom claims that her oldest child required a lot of attention and hence the activities. She also feels like she is so structured with their day that they don't pretend play well. And she doesn't put them in preschool so she can afford other activities year round like swimming and gymnastics. Not that I'm justifying my poor mothering.

1 comment:

Kohl said...

Be glad that Ainsley plays on her own. I wish Gavin would play on his own for more than 5 minutes! He always wants me to do everything with him!