Saturday, June 30, 2007

You Decide!

Last night we made some taco pizza for dinner. I always thought taco pizza sounded nasty. Like the frozen foods that make hamburger flavored pizza etc. But yesterday my sister told me that some friends of theirs had made them some taco pizza and that they loved it. So last night when we were scrounging trying to decide what we could come up with for dinner I thought we might as well give it a try. I thought it was delicious. I even thought it would be a good/easy dinner to make for company. John thought it was "gross" to use his exact words. Although later he claimed that it just wasn't as good as he thought it would be. Ainsley didn't like it either. So, I'm wondering what you think. If any of you are willing to make this and try it I would love to hear what you think. Maybe I'm crazy. I've had it for 3 meals now (seeing as how I knew no one else would eat it) and I still think it's good. So here's the recipe....

Taco Pizza

Pizza Crust (this is Jill Farley's pizza bread from college for those of you that remember her)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 C water
1 T yeast
1 T sugar
2 T oil
1 tsp salt

Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Mis in other ingredients. Spread evenly on greased pan (I use a pizza stone sprayed with pam). Let rise at least 5 min.

Toppings: (Use whatever else you think your family would like)
Spread refried beans on the crust (any kind you like)
Top with seasoned/fried taco meat
Diced tomatoes (optional)
chopped green onions (optional)
Shredded cheese

Bake at 425 for about 20 min.

While baking shred lettuce and mix with sour cream. Put as much of the lettuce mixture on your piece of pizza as you want.

No comments: