Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Eureka!!!

Out with the old...

And in with the new!
My vacuum has had problems for a while now and it finally reached the point of no return. I have known that we would need to buy a new vacuum soon so I have been reading up on vacuums for a while now. I was originally going to get a newer model of my old vacuum...a Kenmore progressive. That was until I discovered that the two nearest places that Kenmore vacuums are serviced are Twin Falls or Salt Lake. I still can't figure out why Sears would sell a product in an area and then leave no way for it to be repaired. I was on the phone with several local companies and they won't work on Kenmore products because Sears won't sell them the parts at a reasonable price. Yet Sears only does repairs at certain locations. If I would have wanted to get my old vacuum fixed I would have had to ship it off and been with out it for 2 weeks. On top of that when I tried to talk to a serviceman about my current vacuum problems I spent an hour on the phone getting forwarded from one department to the next and then was being sent back to departments I had already talked to. I never got to talk to a serviceman, I finally gave up. Needless to say sears lost my business.

I ended up going with a Eureka which was just one notch lower on several rankings and over $100 cheaper. I was extra ecstatic about my Eureka when I found one at Costco and didn't have to have one shipped to Wal-mart. It was still and came with extra stuff like most Costco products. It did make my cart even harder to push around however. But I have vacuumed twice in 2 days, I love having a new vacuum!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

Even though I only have one tiny little piece of carpet in my house I would LOVE a new vacuum. Enjoy!

Melanie said...

I am so embarrassed to say... We've been married 9 years and are on our 4th vacuum. For some reason, I guess we're rough on vacuums -- maybe because we never think to change the bag?