Saturday, June 16, 2007

Our Earnings!

This week has been the festival for our city. Last night we joined the festivities and paid an arm and a leg for Ainsley to go on a few carnival rides. We visited the barn full of cows, a few sheep, goats, a chicken, a goose, a bunny, a pony, and about 5o more cows. Then we went to reserve our spot for the parade. After being attacked by a man for moving the wagon he was using to reserve his families spot (I didn't move his wagon...I moved the chairs of the family next to him closer together so that we could fit) I looked across the street and saw families camped out on the grassy median so we headed over there. Not only did we get to sit on grass this way, we got to have our backs to the sun instead of looking straight at it for 2 hours. Ha Ha to the man who attacked me!

It was a lovely parade. Actually Ainsley loved it, she got more candy than I ever got at a parade, and I got a million ads handed to me. We got coupons, stickers, and temporary tattoos too. Someone even handed out bags to put the candy in. It was like trick-or-treating. A few times people would come by and just lay candy on our blanket. My have times changed. At the beginning of the parade every year they pass out chocolate milk (did I mention this was a "Dairy Days" celebration), at least they did that last year too. Someone passed out otter pops. There was an ice cream truck (but you had to go to the truck to get the ice cream so we just passed. And there were even 2 businesses that threw t-shirts from their float. Best part of the night...chocolate milk handed out at the beginning of the parade.

No comments: